.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

PeAcE WiTh GuNs

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First steps

I finally got that printout of the "things-to-do" that I had promised to get myself. Its got 15 columns and multiple pages of 31 rows each.

Here's what it looks like (I've just added some dummy entries by editing it in PATINTBRUSH, just so you know how I am writing into it):



So, I use one row for each day and one sheet for each month. I have 10 of the 15 columns filled with what I want to do like "read a book", "practice the guitar", "go for a walk", "play football", "watch a movie" etc.

I will add more entries as I think of them. Currently, I put a tick mark in the current day's row for each of the activity that I've completed in that day.

I started day before yesterday with a measly 3 ticks from the 10 columns. I was slightly better with 4 yesterday. Looking to go upto 8 or 10 each day. I hope to reach that gradually. When I hit 10, I will be very happy.

I also skipped eating at McDonalds yesterday so my give-away account is finally opened. I've put as much money into it as the bill my friends raked up per head.

I have also completed my quota of writing today so I go home and put a tick on the "write something" column for today.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

6 Comments:

  • Interesting. But waste of paper, dont u think? Cant u maintain it online instead of taking all those print outs?

    I can give up McDonalds. KFC and Pizza Hut will be a challenge. I will find out other ways of making myself useful to society. U keep up the good work :)

    By Blogger FlyingHigh, at 10:38 am  

  • I Shradz...

    Waste of paper? Naah...I know I wouldnt continue to do it for long if I had to start the computer everytime I had to make a little tick mark. Anyhow, I got it printed both sides, 2 pages a sheet...so I end up saving a lot of paper. Besides, I already do almost EVERYTHING online. So this one thing offline just for the variety [;->] !!

    KFC/Pizza Hut....you dont go overboard with them. I've seen people starting to look like boats when they go to such places a bit too often. You can anyhow go to these places and still set aside the amount equal to your bill when you go home. The thought of spending double money would by itself, slow down your rate of visiting these places !!

    What are you doing to maintain your resolutions? Tell me about it !

    -PeAcE
    --WiTh
    ---GuNs

    By Blogger GuNs, at 11:00 am  

  • gr8 idea. I should start doing something like this to save my resolutions.

    By Blogger Someone, at 11:58 am  

  • Hello someone !!

    Yeah, it seems to be working. This one week, I did a little more than I used to in the last 2 months. Though on the sheet, my score still sux, I am sure it will get better.

    I can upload that sheet here for you guys to download and print it out but I dont know how to upload files on blog. Can you help me out on that?

    -PeAcE
    --WiTh
    ---GuNs

    By Blogger GuNs, at 5:50 pm  

  • Dude, nice thing to do but I thinks its still too early for me to start this tick mark thingie.

    But dude I like the things u do. And football? are u a football freak ?

    And sadly Hyd doesn't have a MacD yet !!! Wonder when they'll open it.

    BTW, where are u from ? city, college ?

    By Blogger ~RAUL~, at 7:37 am  

  • Hey Rahul !!

    Thanks a lot for the comment, bro !

    LOL, too early?? How old are you? [;->] I am 22 and I finished my M.Sc. in Computer Science in June 2005 and have been working since then. I'm from Pune, BTW.

    Work sux and I miss college life and all the freedom.

    Football freak? Naah, not really. I only started playing and watching football since 2000 when my friend left for another city to do his MBBS. We had played cricket in his lawn every single day since school. Started with someone who couldnt even stop a moving football properly but I've graduated to being a decent enough player though my left is still non-existent !!

    The only thing is that i just cant seem to get it into my system that now all my friends are working and they do not have the time and energy to play football everyday. Somehow, its the only sport I've played since the last 6 years and hence I just cant believe that if I have the energy to play, why cant my friends and that to me, is inexplicable.


    Sheesh this is getting too long. I'll just copy-paste and put this up as another post on the blog. THANKS for the idea man, I was wondering what to write in my next post !

    -PeAcE
    --WiTh
    ---GuNs

    By Blogger GuNs, at 6:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home