The Dreadful 8s Tag That's Going Around
- I was a psycho reader in school. I remember being the only guy who ate his lunch standing in the line for getting a library book issued. I also ran back home to change and ran out again to play "lawn cricket". I would start reading as soon as I came back and only let go once I finish.
- I am sometimes surprised and probably unduly mad at people who are too tired to do multiple things in one day. I have played badminton, table tennis, cricket and football all in the same day. I've stood in long lines and I've ran after and travelled in crowded buses for a thoroughly energy sapping one hour and then had a quick cup of tea and gone out to play football. I have travelled from Mumbai to Pune reaching home at 1:00 am and have then woken up at 5:00 to go trekking.
- I hate sitting at home. If I do not have anything to go out for, I would still go out for a random walk around. I've gone gone out for walks even on each eve of my post-graduation examinations. My friends thought I was plain bonkers to do that. One feller bet me I wouldn't dare to go out on one day because the exam that day finished at 6:00 in the evening and the next exam was at 9:00 in the morning. More importantly, they were the toughest of all exams in our four semesters. I of course, won the bet.
- I have many interests like playing the guitar, photography, music, reading etc. and I can play four sports. Sadly, I am not very good at any of these interests and I can only play the four sports well enough to not make a fool of myself. This is mostly because I have not been dedicated enough to any of them. The freaky fact is that I can play also all the sports that I do with my left hand though not as well as I do with the right (except of course, football which you play with your....err.. foot). I have played and beat two rank new comers at table tennis playing with two paddles in two hands! I am not averse to bragging on this.
- My hair is very very difficult to manage so I've given up trying to manage it and I've been trying all new things since the past few years. I will never colour or skunkify them because I am not really a flashy person but I've tried many conservative styles. Yesterday I got a short crew cut and I almost look like a skinhead. Next in line - authentic skinhead.
- I am mad about my country and mad with my countrymen. I want to do big things for my country and I hate a lot of people who are trying their best to do the opposite. I feel like slapping every guy back in India who I see throwing rubbish on the street or out of a train/car/bus window. I also hate Indians who come to other countries and help the locals justify their stereotypes of Indians - dirty, cheap, uneducated, ill-mannered, non-social, geeky people with zero sense of humour.
- I have passed most of my exams studying last minute mostly only for a few hours. I am ashamed of it. I have never had the capability to concentrate on my studies for more than two or three hours at a stretch. The maximum I've ever studied is probably six hours in a day.
- I think commitments should hold higher priority than most other things. If I commit to someone that I will be somewhere or will do something, I will often go out of my way to honour that commitment even if something goes wrong. Naturally hence I am wary of people who do not live up to their commitments.
This damn tag is so popular that everybody I know has already done it. Let me find people who have not...
I request all of the above to kindly complete the tag failing which, Amy will be crowned the queen of the universe and though that isn't essentially a bad thing, maybe you all would like to apply for that post yourself after changing the title to suit gender of course.